MOBILE APP TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
1. About the Application
- Welcome to PictionUs (the ‘Application‘). The Application where you can create and collaborate your photo albums, so you share some of the most special moments with the people who mean the most to you. (the ‘Services‘).
- The Application is operated by PictionUs Limited PTY. LTD. (ACN 652964) . Access to and use of the Application, or any of its associated Products or Services, is provided by PictionUs Limited. Please read these terms and conditions (the ‘Terms‘) carefully. By using, browsing and/or reading the Application, this signifies that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by the Terms. If you do not agree with the Terms, you must cease usage of the Application, or any of its Services, immediately.
- PictionUs Limited reserves the right to review and change any of the Terms by updating this page at its sole discretion. When PictionUs Limited updates the Terms, it will use reasonable endeavours to provide you with notice of updates to the Terms. Any changes to the Terms take immediate effect from the date of their publication. Before you continue, we recommend you keep a copy of the Terms for your records.
2. Acceptance of the Terms
- You accept the Terms by using or browsing the Application. You may also accept the Terms by clicking to accept or agree to the Terms where this option is made available to you by PictionUs Limited in the user interface.
3. Registration to use the Services
- In order to access the Services, you must first register for an account through the Application (the ‘Account‘).
- As part of the registration process, or as part of your continued use of the Services, you may be required to provide personal information about yourself (such as identification or contact details), including:
- You warrant that any information you give to PictionUs Limited in the course of completing the registration process will always be accurate, correct and up to date.
- Email address
- Preferred username
- Profile Picture, Short Bio, Current location, any other media they wish to disclose
- Once you have completed the registration process, you will be a registered member of the Application (‘Member‘) and agree to be bound by the Terms.
- You may not use the Services and may not accept the Terms if:
- you are not of legal age to form a binding contract with PictionUs Limited; or
- you are a person barred from receiving the Services under the laws of Australia, EU, Asia, USA, Central America Africa or other countries including the country in which you are resident or from which you use the Services.
4. Your obligations as a Member
- As a Member, you agree to comply with the following:
- you will use the Services only for purposes that are permitted by:
- the Terms; and
- any applicable law, regulation or generally accepted practices or guidelines in the relevant jurisdictions;
- you have the sole responsibility for protecting the confidentiality of your password and/or email address Use of your password by any other person may result in the immediate cancellation of the Services;
- You have a sole responsibility of uploading and sharing non sensitive media which will not be harmful to any person’s reputation and you will be held liable if legal action is taken in response to the uploading of uncensored or sensitive media to the app.
- any use of your registration information by any other person, or third parties, is strictly prohibited. You agree to immediately to notify PictionUs Limited of any unauthorised use of your password or email address or any breach of security of which you have become aware;
- access and use of the Application is limited, non-transferable and allows for the sole use of the Application by you for the purposes of PictionUs Limited providing the Services;
- you will not use the Services or the Application in connection with any commercial endeavours except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by the management of PictionUs Limited;
- you will not use the Services or Application for any illegal and/or unauthorised use which includes collecting email addresses of Members by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or unauthorised framing of or linking to the Application;
- you agree that commercial advertisements, affiliate links, and other forms of solicitation may be removed from the Application without notice and may result in termination of the Services. Appropriate legal action will be taken by PictionUs Limited for any illegal or unauthorised use of the Application; and
- you acknowledge and agree that any automated use of the Application or its Services is prohibited.
- You agree by creating a profile and becoming a member of PictionUs that sharing the media within the album is acceptable and that you are allowing all album members access to the photos you share. PictionUs will not be responsible for irresponsible and uncensored images being uploaded to the group. We will aim to work with the party effected in order to help remove images and members who breach this rule.
- Where the option is given to you, you may make payment for the Services (the ‘Services Fee‘) by way of:
- Apple Pay, Google pay or Stripe
- All payments made in the course of your use of the Services are made using Apple Pay, Google pay or Stripe
- In using the Application, the Services or when making any payment in relation to your use of the Services, you warrant that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by the Paypal terms and conditions which are available on their Application.
- You acknowledge and agree that where a request for the payment of the Services Fee is returned or denied, for whatever reason, by your financial institution or is unpaid by you for any other reason, then you are liable for any costs, including banking fees and charges, associated with the Services Fee.
- You agree and acknowledge that PictionUs Limited can vary the Services Fee at any time.
- You agree to the terms of the service provided that wedding albums purchased provide access to members up to 1000 people and that the album will allow 1500 images before the members will have to upgrade their storage plans to allow more for more photos to be uploaded to the album.
- You agree that storage plans and pricing can vary and all payments are subject to change at any time.
6. Refund Policy
- PictionUs Limited will only provide you with a refund of the Services Fee in the event they are unable to continue to provide the Services or if the manager of PictionUs Limited makes a decision, at its absolute discretion, that it is reasonable to do so under the circumstances (the ‘Refund‘). PictionUs will not refund any amount if photos don’t upload due to a poor technical or wifi located areas. This is solely on the user to organize that wifi is strong in the given area at the time of upload.
7. Copyright and Intellectual Property
- The Application, the Services and all of the related products of PictionUs Limited are subject to copyright. The material on the Application is protected by copyright under the laws of Australia and through international treaties. Unless otherwise indicated, all rights (including copyright) in the Services and compilation of the Application (including but not limited to text, graphics, logos, button icons, video images, audio clips, Application, code, scripts, design elements and interactive features) or the Services are owned or controlled for these purposes, and are reserved by PictionUs Limited or its contributors.
- All trademarks, service marks and trade names are owned, registered and/or licensed by PictionUs Limited, who grants to you a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, revocable license whilst you are a Member to:
- use the Application pursuant to the Terms;
- copy and store the Application and the material contained in the Application in your device’s cache memory; and
- print pages from the Application for your own personal and non-commercial use.
- PictionUs Limited does not grant you any other rights whatsoever in relation to the Application or the Services. All other rights are expressly reserved by PictionUs Limited.
- PictionUs Limited retains all rights, title and interest in and to the Application and all related Services. Nothing you do on or in relation to the Application will transfer any:
- business name, trading name, domain name, trade mark, industrial design, patent, registered design or copyright, or
- a right to use or exploit a business name, trading name, domain name, trade mark or industrial design, or
- a thing, system or process that is the subject of a patent, registered design or copyright (or an adaptation or modification of such a thing, system or process),
- to you.
- You may not, without the prior written permission of PictionUs Limited and the permission of any other relevant rights owners: broadcast, republish, up-load to a third party, transmit, post, distribute, show or play in public, adapt or change in any way the Services or third party Services for any purpose, unless otherwise provided by these Terms. This prohibition does not extend to materials on the Application, which are freely available for re-use or are in the public domain.
9. General Disclaimer
- Nothing in the Terms limits or excludes any guarantees, warranties, representations or conditions implied or imposed by law, including the Australian,EU USA, ASIA Consumer Law (or any liability under them) which by law may not be limited or excluded.
- Subject to this clause, and to the extent permitted by law:
- all terms, guarantees, warranties, representations or conditions which are not expressly stated in the Terms are excluded; and
- PictionUs Limited will not be liable for any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage (unless such loss or damage is reasonably foreseeable resulting from our failure to meet an applicable Consumer Guarantee), loss of profit or opportunity, or damage to goodwill arising out of or in connection with the Services or these Terms (including as a result of not being able to use the Services or the late supply of the Services), whether at common law, under contract, tort (including negligence), in equity, pursuant to statute or otherwise.
- The user agrees to the amount of photos they can have on their profile is 1500 before they must upgrade. This is independent of whether you purchase a wedding album or not. Standard storage rates apply regardless of what package your on
- Use of the Application and the Services is at your own risk. Everything on the Application and the Services is provided to you “as is” and “as available” without warranty or condition of any kind. None of the affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, contributors and licensors of PictionUs Limited make any express or implied representation or warranty about the Services or any products or Services (including the products or Services of PictionUs Limited) referred to on the Application. This includes (but is not restricted to) loss or damage you might suffer as a result of any of the following:
- failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, failure to correct defects, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus or other harmful component, loss of data, communication line failure, unlawful third party conduct, or theft, destruction, alteration or unauthorised access to records;
- the accuracy, suitability or currency of any information on the Application, the Services, or any of its Services related products (including third party material and advertisements on the Application);
- costs incurred as a result of you using the Application, the Services or any of the products of PictionUs Limited; and
- the Services or operation in respect to links which are provided for your convenience.
- Failure to upgrade storage plans as prompted by PictionUs Limtied.
- PictionUs, its shareholders and directors are not liable for any uncensored and inappropriate media uploaded to the albums. We will help in any way we can to remove these images and members.
- We will not be held accountable for a person’s reputation being damaged as users upload and become group members at their own risk
- Any person deemed to have uploaded sensitive, irresponsible or disturbing images will be held accountable for this.
- If you are in the business of providing similar Services for the purpose of providing them to users for a commercial gain, whether business users or domestic users, then you are a competitor of PictionUs Limited. Competitors are not permitted to use or access any information or content on our Application. If you breach this provision, PictionUs Limited will hold you fully responsible for any loss that we may sustain and hold you accountable for all profits that you might make from such a breach.
11. Limitation of liability
- PictionUs Limited’s total liability arising out of or in connection with the Services or these Terms, however arising, including under contract, tort (including negligence), in equity, under statute or otherwise, will not exceed the resupply of the Services to you.
- You expressly understand and agree that PictionUs Limited, its affiliates, employees, agents, contributors and licensors shall not be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, special consequential or exemplary damages which may be incurred by you, however caused and under any theory of liability. This shall include, but is not limited to, any loss of profit (whether incurred directly or indirectly), any loss of goodwill or business reputation and any other intangible loss.
12. Termination of Contract
- The Terms will continue to apply until terminated by either you or by PictionUs Limited as set out below.
- If you want to terminate the Terms, you may do so by:
- PictionUs Limited may at any time, terminate the Terms with you if:
- you have breached any provision of the Terms or intend to breach any provision;
- PictionUs Limited is required to do so by law;
- the provision of the Services to you by PictionUs Limited is, in the opinion of PictionUs Limited, no longer commercially viable.
- Subject to local applicable laws, PictionUs Limited reserves the right to discontinue or cancel your membership at any time and may suspend or deny, in its sole discretion, your access to all or any portion of the Application or the Services without notice if you breach any provision of the Terms or any applicable law or if your conduct impacts PictionUs Limited’s name or reputation or violates the rights of those of another party.
- Subject to 12.4 no refunds or payment of loss of income will be returnedto the user. There is no guarantee that all your images and profile will be the same if you miss a payment and PictionUs will not be held accountable for any loss of images or profiels as a result
- You agree to indemnify PictionUs Limited, its affiliates, employees, agents, contributors, third party content providers and licensors from and against:
- all actions, suits, claims, demands, liabilities, costs, expenses, loss and damage (including legal fees on a full indemnity basis) incurred, suffered or arising out of or in connection with Your Content;
- any direct or indirect consequences of you accessing, using or transacting on the Application or attempts to do so; and/or
- any breach of the Terms.
14. Dispute Resolution
- If a dispute arises out of or relates to the Terms, either party may not commence any Tribunal or Court proceedings in relation to the dispute, unless the following clauses have been complied with (except where urgent interlocutory relief is sought).
- A party to the Terms claiming a dispute (‘Dispute‘) has arisen under the Terms, must give written notice to the other party detailing the nature of the dispute, the desired outcome and the action required to settle the Dispute.
- On receipt of that notice (‘Notice‘) by that other party, the parties to the Terms (‘Parties‘) must:
- Within 14 days of the Notice endeavour in good faith to resolve the Dispute expeditiously by negotiation or such other means upon which they may mutually agree;
- If for any reason whatsoever, 14 days after the date of the Notice, the Dispute has not been resolved, the Parties must either agree upon selection of a mediator or request that an appropriate mediator be appointed by the President of the …… or his or her nominee;
- The Parties are equally liable for the fees and reasonable expenses of a mediator and the cost of the venue of the mediation and without limiting the foregoing undertake to pay any amounts requested by the mediator as a pre-condition to the mediation commencing. The Parties must each pay their own costs associated with the mediation;
- The mediation will be held in 1 Wilks Street Caufield North , CAULFIELD NORTH, Victoria, 3161, Australia.
- All communications concerning negotiations made by the Parties arising out of and in connection with this dispute resolution clause are confidential and to the extent possible, must be treated as “without prejudice” negotiations for the purpose of applicable laws of evidence.
- Termination of Mediation:
- If 2 weeks have elapsed after the start of a mediation of the Dispute and the Dispute has not been resolved, either Party may ask the mediator to terminate the mediation and the mediator must do so.
15. Venue and Jurisdiction
- The Services offered by PictionUs Limited is intended to be viewed by residents of Australia. In the event of any dispute arising out of or in relation to the Application, you agree that the exclusive venue for resolving any dispute shall be in the courts of Victoria, Australia.
16. Governing Law
- The Terms are governed by the laws of Victoria, Australia. Any dispute, controversy, proceeding or claim of whatever nature arising out of or in any way relating to the Terms and the rights created hereby shall be governed, interpreted and construed by, under and pursuant to the laws of Victoria, Australia, without reference to conflict of law principles, notwithstanding mandatory rules. The validity of this governing law clause is not contested. The Terms shall be binding to the benefit of the parties hereto and their successors and assigns.
17. Independent Legal Advice
- Both parties confirm and declare that the provisions of the Terms are fair and reasonable and both parties having taken the opportunity to obtain independent legal advice and declare the Terms are not against public policy on the grounds of inequality or bargaining power or general grounds of restraint of trade.
- If any part of these Terms is found to be void or unenforceable by a Court of competent jurisdiction, that part shall be severed and the rest of the Terms shall remain in force.